Kuldeep Yadav produced a dream spell to break the backbone of the Australian batting line up in the fourth Test match in Dharmasala. Currently he is going through a superb spell of bowling with figures of 4 for 46 in 18 overs. The batsmen he dismissed are David Warner, Peter Handscomb and Glenn Maxwell.
Here are some of the lesser known facts on Kuldeep.
1) His father Ram Singh Yadav is an owner of a brick clin.
2) He is a left-arm Chinaman bowler, the first of such kind that India has produced in its 82-year long Test history.
3) He actually started out as a fast bowler when he joined a cricket academy in Kanpur, but was persuaded by his coach, Kapil Pandey, to switch to left-arm unorthodox.
4) He was first picked in the Indian Under-19 team as a 17-year old in April 2012, but missed out on selection for the Under-19 World Cup.
5) He was selected in Indian cricket team to play against West Indies in October 2014 but was not able to get a chance as West Indies withdraw the tour at half due to a dispute between players and the board.
6) He was a part of the Mumbai Indians squad during the 2012 IPL season but didn’t get to feature in even a single game.
7) He scalped 6 wickets from 5 games in the Champions League T20 2014, playing a key role in KKR’s lead up to the finals.
8) His CLT20 showing also earned him a surprise call-up to the Indian squad for the ongoing ODI series against West Indies, despite not having played a single First-Class or List A game for his state Uttar Pradesh.
9) First Indian to take a hat trick in Under 19 World Cup 2014.
10) In 13 T20 matches, Kuldeep has notched up 22 wickets at an average of 14.95 and an economy of 6.76.